1. The name and legal status of the society or organization
Name: Taiwan Association for Medical Informatics (TAMI)
Founded in 1991, Taiwan Association for Medical Informatics is a
non-profit organization in Taiwan, which is dedicated to research on
medical informatics, improving the quality of medical information, and
enhancing the international relations and communications in the medical
2. TAMI has more than 600 voting members consisting of individuals,
government agencies, universities, hospitals, and corporations.
See by-laws document (bylaw.pdf) for details.
3. TAMI has about 200 hours of activities annually. Some of the primary
activities of the association include:
(1) Medical Informatics Symposium in Taiwan (MIST) is Taiwan's most
comprehensive annual conference on medical informatics, featuring three
days of lectures and scientific papers, panels, and workshops.
(2) Healthcare Chief Information Officer Summit (HCIO Summit) is a
meeting in conjunction with a forum, focusing on specific topics related
to IT applications within healthcare providers.
The most recent research of TAMI includes: promotion on joint hospital
networking in Taipei City, research on using electronic signature to
legalize electronic medical records, and optimizing processes for the
Health Smart Card.
Secretary general: Siang-Hao, Lee
Secretary: Wan-Chen, Lan
Address: 11F., No.259, Sec. 2, Ren’ai Rd., Linkou Dist., New Taipei City 244, Taiwan (R.O.C.)